Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Square One


Ok, I am breaking down and starting a blog. I love reading these things--I really do. I love that they can be political, funny, informative, pointless, and some are downright freaky. They can connect people, entertain, and alleviate boredom (for those of you who are at work--shame on you!). This blog might not always be eloquent, profound, hilarious, or even make sense. However, I will try to update it often with random thoughts, life happenings, observations, pictures, Molly’s adventures, Florida sunshine (we’ll send extra in January), and knowing me...probably an occasional venting session. It will really be a place for Monte and me to keep in touch with our friends and families in all corners of the country. I think it really hit me this weekend when we went back to Indianapolis. People came from Florida, Richmond, St. Louis, and Bloomington, and had the best time telling stories, catching up, eating, dancing, laughing, sharing old memories and making new ones—it was as if time had stopped. I miss my family and friends more than ever, but I am confident that even while hundreds of miles and days between phone calls separate us, we will ALWAYS be close in our hearts. It was incredibly comforting to be home in Indiana and to know that it will always be there for us when we decide to move back. Today, it has been exactly one year since we pulled into Tampa without knowing a single person and walked into our apartment with no clothes, furniture, or jobs...talk about a leap of faith!! One year later, we both have fullfilling jobs, we own our home, we have friends, and we are settled into life in the Sunshine State. Life is good.
"From the top of the first page, to the end of the last day...you just want somebody listening to what you say." ~Chris Martin, Square One

4 Shout outs:

  • YOU GO GIRL.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 AM  

  • THAT WAS ME BEFORE ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 AM  

  • I love that you have a blog so I can get a little bit of Keenan and Monte not so up close,but very personal. I miss you both very much,and your mom and dad keep me posted ,it is not enough. So expect me following your stories and making comments occasionally.

    By Blogger Jill, at 9:08 AM  

  • awwww.. cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home