Trailer Cash
The price of paradise has hit an all-time high, but this, my friends, has got to be a low point. In Tampa Bay, double-wide mobile homes have surpassed the $200,000 mark. Do you understand what kind of a house we could buy in Indiana--especially Richmond--with that kind of cash? Monte and I always pay attention to home prices, and while my Mom was in Tampa we drove around and looked at some of the homes in the area. We were blown away by relatively small bungalows (in a trendy area, of course) going for $600,000+! But, I can rationalize some of those prices because they are gorgeous, fully-restored homes in a beautiful neighborhood. I just can't wrap my mind around a mobile home for $200,000! I wouldn’t pay that much if it was beachfront. No matter where it is, what you do to the landscaping, or how you decorate it-- it is, and always will be, a trailer.


That's just not right and shouldn't be allowed! Any permanent dwelling that depreciates when it's "driven off the lot" is trouble waitin' to happen. I would rather have a $200,000 RV that you can really travel in and not pretend it's a cute littel home.