Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Go Away Fay

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Fay is making her way to Tampa and I am getting nervous that baby Farrar might try to make his way to the world at the same time. Today as I worked, two of my doctors warned me that the drop in barometric pressure associated with hurricanes can cause women to go into labor. I had no idea! I'm sure we will be fine, but I guess we should probably start thinking about getting some supplies such as batteries and bottled water together in case of emergency. Maybe I'll even break down and pack some things in our hospital bag just in case baby "drops" just like the pressure. Tomorrow, all of the schools in the surrounding counties are closed and my boss told me not to work since driving around in torrential rain and 65 mph winds is not safe for anyone--let alone a 9 month pregnant lady. Monte and I are looking forward to having the day off tomorrow, but hopefully we won't have to deal with falling trees, flooding, or God-forbid--losing power. I think I might die without air conditioning and fudgesicles!

3 Shout outs:

  • I am glad you don't have to work tomorrow. Be careful and keep us updated on Fay!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 8:55 PM  

  • Be safe! Hopefully Fay eases up and you just get a day to cuddle on the couch with your husband, without the torrential rain and pressure drops :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

  • Alas, Fay is reduced to a Tropical Storm...rain, some wind but not the destruction. Baby best stay put for another couple of weeks, at least! I don't have my ticket yet!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home