Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Babymoon

We are getting our bags packed and all of our work finished up in preparation for our 5-night Mediterranean cruise-- aka our "Babymoon." If you haven't heard of this word before, I didn't make it up; it is a term for a relaxing/romantic trip taken by an expectant couple before the baby is born. "One last hurrah," they say. But, seriously, I hope this isn't actually my last hurrah (whatever a hurrah is). My life doesn't end when our Sweet Pea is born, but I'm sure it will be a while before we take another trip like this with just the two of us. So, I am absolutely bursting with excitement for this vacation!! We picked this particular cruise because it visits places neither one of us have been and are curious to see, and also because it was not 12+ days long.

We kick off our trip off in Barcelona, which is one of my favorite places I've visited, so I am excited to share it with Monte this time. We will be there for 2 days and 1 night--just enough time to see the gorgeous architecture, eat tapas and paella, and walk around the friendly streets window shopping. We embark on the boat from the port and head to Marseille in the French Riviera for a day. We aren't sure what we will do there yet--other than browse the open markets for a picnic, visit some ancient sights, and possibly take a short trip to Aix-en-Provence to see (and smell) the lavender fields. Our next stop is Sardinia where we have heard that the beaches are beautiful and the local food is fantastic. We will try out both! Our third and final stop is Palermo in Sicily where we plan to take a tour of the Becchina olive oil estate and sample their Olio Verde and the local cuisine. Yummmm!! Not only will it be awesome to be pregnant on a cruise with unlimited food at any time of the day, but also to be in Europe where the food on land is AMAZING. I will probably be reprimanded by my doctor for gaining too much weight at my next appointment, but I don't care. Since I ain't drinkin' the wine...I will be eating the food!! :) It's the one thing I can do as a pregnant woman, and I've got a good eating partner who will probably pack on a couple pounds right along with me.

So, goodbye for now and I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend as well!
Adiós! Au revoir! Ciao!

1 Shout outs:

  • I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures. Live it up you baby mama! :)

    I studied in Aix for a summer in high school, so I hope you enjoy it there. It is a great provincial town.

    Be careful and tell Monte not to shove any rolls down his throat on the cruise ship because you aren't exactly fit to do the Heimlich maneuver on him right now. :)

    Enjoy your babymoon and I cannot wait to hear all about it!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home