Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Celebrations

I'm back to work after our wonderful wedding weekend in Indianapolis. Ericka and Gus's wedding was one of the most beautiful and fun weddings I have ever been to, and also the only one I have been in (other than my own) so it was extra special. From the moment I arrived on Thursday and went to dinner with Ericka and Gus to their goodbyes from the reception on Saturday, the entire weekend was filled with laughter, love, and good friends and family celebrating the couple. They truly are a perfect match and will no doubt have a very long and happy marriage.

It was also a treat to be able to see my Mom and and all of my very close friends who are mothers for Mother's day weekend. It was pretty cute that people were wishing me a happy Mother's day as well--I never thought of it, but I guess it sort-of is my first one! :) Little Sweet Pea definitely let me know he wished me a happy day too by showing me more of his new kung-foo kicks and acrobatics. I think Monte is right and he does take after his calves because he is so strong we can see my belly move. It cracks me up and I love feeling it!

Today is another celebration-of-sorts because we got to pick out our NEW CAR!! I like to talk about what an unbelievably hard worker Monte is, how he is the best at what he does, etc...but here is more proof that I am not just a proud wife bragging on my hubs. Monte won a CAR!! It was a 10-week promotion which included selling several types of products, increasing business, and a bunch of other factors that I don't understand--but all I know is HE is awesome and he WON! So, we got to go to a Chrysler/Dodge dealership and pick out a car. Here is what we chose:
A 2009 Dodge Journey. It drives really smooth, it's safe, and has 3 rows of seats and tons of room for car seats, strollers and our growing family. We love it!!

So it's back to the daily grind--but only until next Thursday when we leave for Europe. We head to Barcelona for 2 days and then sail on our cruise in the Mediterranean. I'll post more about our trip before we leave. Geez--the month of May is pretty fantastic so far and is only getting better. We have been blessed in so many ways, and I could not be more thankful!

3 Shout outs:

  • So I'm thinking the third row seat in that car is for me!! Far enough away to not hear my gasps and groans in scary traffic...hey, it works for me! I need my own DVD player too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 AM  

  • Holy Crap! The only people I know who win cars are on the Price Is Right. Congratulations!

    By Blogger Jill, at 12:57 PM  

  • I love the new ride! Monte is such a rock star! I wish probation officers got incentives like that ;)
    Thank you so much for being a part of the wedding - we had so much fun, and we were so touched by all the support!
    Have fun on your trip! xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home