Happy Hump Day
Lucas smiled at me this morning. He has shown his grin a few times and I realize it is just a gas bubble or a reflex after touching his cheek, but today was different. People say babies don't smile until after 6 weeks or something like that, but I know these were real smiles. This morning after I changed his diaper and was singing and tickling his belly, he was staring intensely at my face and suddenly his eyes lit up and his whole face broke into a huge toothless grin! My heart exploded into a million pieces. I squealed with happiness and continued to sing, dance, and act a fool until I could coax another one out of him. He did it again! Of course once I pulled out my cell phone camera to send a picture to Monte, he was back to making smooshed, squishy, baby faces and I couldn't capture it. But I will always remember the moment and how it made me feel. I don't care what the average age for babies to smile...I am going to believe it was real and meant for me. :)
He will be one month old on Friday and that just blows my mind. The days just run together and weeks fly by. It just occurred to me today that is October--umm, when did that happen? Eight days ago, I am told. These last 4 weeks have just been awesome. He constantly keeps me smiling, laughing, and bursting at the seams with love. I cannot get enough of him. I seriously sit and stare at him for hours of the day like it is my full time job. It's better than any TV show or book, and I swear I can see him growing right before my eyes. He is already 9 pounds 12 ounces! There are a few little things I absolutely adore about him and do not want to forget...
- The way he lifts his arms up over his head and arches his back to stretch while puckering his lips so tight...exactly like Monte.
- The way he turns into a "milk dud" after eating and is a totally limp little blob who flops over my shoulder.
- The way he instantly calms and nuzzles into my chest when I pick him up when he cries.
- The way he pecks like a baby chicken looking for food on our shoulders when he is hungry.
- His hair- long in the back and short on top. Yes, he has a tiny baby mullet and I love it.
- His sweet sighs after sneezing and yawning.
Well, I think I better stop now because I could probably go on for 765 more things. Also, he is starting to wake up from his nap, so I better go get him and get back to my job of staring at him for hours on end.
He will be one month old on Friday and that just blows my mind. The days just run together and weeks fly by. It just occurred to me today that is October--umm, when did that happen? Eight days ago, I am told. These last 4 weeks have just been awesome. He constantly keeps me smiling, laughing, and bursting at the seams with love. I cannot get enough of him. I seriously sit and stare at him for hours of the day like it is my full time job. It's better than any TV show or book, and I swear I can see him growing right before my eyes. He is already 9 pounds 12 ounces! There are a few little things I absolutely adore about him and do not want to forget...
- The way he lifts his arms up over his head and arches his back to stretch while puckering his lips so tight...exactly like Monte.
- The way he turns into a "milk dud" after eating and is a totally limp little blob who flops over my shoulder.
- The way he instantly calms and nuzzles into my chest when I pick him up when he cries.
- The way he pecks like a baby chicken looking for food on our shoulders when he is hungry.
- His hair- long in the back and short on top. Yes, he has a tiny baby mullet and I love it.
- His sweet sighs after sneezing and yawning.
Well, I think I better stop now because I could probably go on for 765 more things. Also, he is starting to wake up from his nap, so I better go get him and get back to my job of staring at him for hours on end.



Can you take some video to post on your blog while you're staring?! :)
xoxo