Fall in Florida
I'm pretty sure I have posted the same blog entry for the past 5 years about how much I love this time of year in Florida. After record heat in the high 90's over the past 2 weeks, it seems that Fall has arrived. Actually, it arrived last weekend just when Ericka was trying to escape cold weather in Indiana and witnessed coldest temperatures we have had yet this season. I feel bad for her that the beach was chilly and we actually wore fleece jackets Saturday night! But, one nice thing is that we finally turned off the air conditioner and opened up the windows for the first time since April. I am so excited for cool breezes and aromas of a crockpot of chili and pumpkin bread to fill our house! I love this time of year more than any other.
I am pretty sure this Halloween will be the best one in the history of the world...but I am probably a little biased. Luke will be dressed up (as a dragon) and walking around melting people's faces off with his cuteness. We haven't decided if we are actually going to go trick-or-treating, or just going to dress him up and pass out candy. We are leaning toward the latter of the two. There is no way I am allowing my 13 month-old to eat snickers and dum-dums, and Monte and I do not need a bag full of candy, so what's the point? So, I think we will probably just dress him and Molly in their costumes and meet the neighbors as they come by. I am secretly nervous about what kind of candy to get! Do we go with the standard mixture of kitkats, caramels, tootsie rolls, and milk duds, OR....do we want to come out with a bang as the "awesome new neighbors" and give FULL SIZE candy bars (the equivalent of gold in trick-or-treat)?? Or, are we going to be "that house" that gives healthy treats from Whole Foods like granola bars? I don't know how they do it here in Hunters Green and I have one week to figure out what we are going to do. I have already noticed some pretty elaborate Halloween decorations around the neighborhood which has already put me into high-gear thinking about Christmas lights!
I am pretty sure this Halloween will be the best one in the history of the world...but I am probably a little biased. Luke will be dressed up (as a dragon) and walking around melting people's faces off with his cuteness. We haven't decided if we are actually going to go trick-or-treating, or just going to dress him up and pass out candy. We are leaning toward the latter of the two. There is no way I am allowing my 13 month-old to eat snickers and dum-dums, and Monte and I do not need a bag full of candy, so what's the point? So, I think we will probably just dress him and Molly in their costumes and meet the neighbors as they come by. I am secretly nervous about what kind of candy to get! Do we go with the standard mixture of kitkats, caramels, tootsie rolls, and milk duds, OR....do we want to come out with a bang as the "awesome new neighbors" and give FULL SIZE candy bars (the equivalent of gold in trick-or-treat)?? Or, are we going to be "that house" that gives healthy treats from Whole Foods like granola bars? I don't know how they do it here in Hunters Green and I have one week to figure out what we are going to do. I have already noticed some pretty elaborate Halloween decorations around the neighborhood which has already put me into high-gear thinking about Christmas lights!


And what a cute little dragon Lucas will be!!