Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Unofficially Summer

And officially a Big Boy....



Holy moly. Little Man is on the move! We were playing on the floor last week before school and he was on all fours rocking back and forth. I started slapping my hands in an exaggerated motion to crawl and he just looked at me, imitated my movements, and took off crawling. Needless to say, this weekend I was scrambling to cover all the electrical outlets, sanitize the wood floors, baby-proof the cabinets, and everything else I should have done weeks ago. Over the past couple of weeks he seems to have changed dramatically. His absolute favorite thing to do is pull himself up to a standing position on anything from the coffee table to his crib rails. Thank goodness we just lowered his mattress so he can't jump out just yet. He cries to get out of his exersaucer so he can pull up on the outside and walk around it to play. I'm not sure I'm ready for a walking baby! Crawling is one thing, but walking changes everything! He has four teeth now and finally mastered eating his little Gerber puffs this weekend. Prior to that, he would refuse to touch them and fling them off the highchair so Molly could eat them. He still has an aversion to all finger foods, but we are working on it. Two of my favorite tricks he has mastered lately are his clapping and dancing. When he hears any music whether it is on the radio, his musical teething ring, or Mommy singing, he bops his little head and wiggles to the beat. I love it! I am sure I will capture some more videos of the tiny dancer tomorrow when Uncle John and Aunt Whitney come visit. We have lots planned including dinner at a tapas restaurant, hitting the beach, a Rays baseball game, and a BBQ with friends. We are all looking forward to a fun-filled weekend with them!

1 Shout outs:

  • Just the baby fix I needed today. You are gonna be chasing him everywhere now! He is precious.

    By Blogger Jill, at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home