TGIF
It has felt like a very long week, hasn't it? Nothing too stressful or hectic around here, but we are all ready for a break this weekend. Tonight Luke has a dinner date with his girlfriend Emma, so we (along with her parents) are tagging along to chaperone. A double date! I'm counting down the minutes today until we are sitting outside under the palm trees with an ice cold drink and some calamari or grouper nuggets...mmm. The rest of the weekend will be filled with fun--outlet mall shopping Saturday and a girls-only beach day Sunday. Hopefully the rain we are having this morning (which we desperately need) will clear by this afternoon and through the rest of the weekend.
Luke is such a big boy these days. Once he sat up on his own a couple weeks ago, he never looked back. I think he is seriously considering crawling. He is a wild man wiggling, squirming, throwing toys, and talking non-stop. He definitely says Dadadada more than Mamamama, but who's counting? :) He is so much fun right now, and Monte and I keep saying this has GOT to be the best age ever. He is full of laughter and smiles and so much fun to play with. We purchased the supplies to baby-proof the house, but are hoping we sell it before we need to use them here. So far, it's not looking great. We have had several showings of our house, and are still waiting for the perfect offer. At the same time, we haven't really found anything we are in love with to buy either. So we aren't stressing it. One good thing that has come out of all of this is that we have been keeping our house in model-home condition since our agent could call at any moment with people wanting to look at it. No dust, no clutter, all Luke's toys put away in his toy box. We can only keep it this way because it is such a small house--which is one thing we will miss when we move. Well, I better get to work now. I am going to try to blog more frequently, but the next few weeks and weekends are jam packed with work travel, showers, baptisms, and weddings. So we'll see if I can multi-task.
Have a great weekend!
Luke is such a big boy these days. Once he sat up on his own a couple weeks ago, he never looked back. I think he is seriously considering crawling. He is a wild man wiggling, squirming, throwing toys, and talking non-stop. He definitely says Dadadada more than Mamamama, but who's counting? :) He is so much fun right now, and Monte and I keep saying this has GOT to be the best age ever. He is full of laughter and smiles and so much fun to play with. We purchased the supplies to baby-proof the house, but are hoping we sell it before we need to use them here. So far, it's not looking great. We have had several showings of our house, and are still waiting for the perfect offer. At the same time, we haven't really found anything we are in love with to buy either. So we aren't stressing it. One good thing that has come out of all of this is that we have been keeping our house in model-home condition since our agent could call at any moment with people wanting to look at it. No dust, no clutter, all Luke's toys put away in his toy box. We can only keep it this way because it is such a small house--which is one thing we will miss when we move. Well, I better get to work now. I am going to try to blog more frequently, but the next few weeks and weekends are jam packed with work travel, showers, baptisms, and weddings. So we'll see if I can multi-task.
Have a great weekend!
