' Tis The Season
It’s beginning to look a lot like basketball! It’s that time of year again when we deck the halls and watch the Hoosiers dunk some balls.... y’alls!I can deal with watching football and I like watching baseball, but I love watching college basketball. And, nooooo-- it’s not just because of Quin Snyder ...it’s because I am a Hoosier. I grew up a "Junior Hawk” but after college and especially the 2002 March Madness- I will forever be hooked on Hoosier Basketball. And, from the looks of the first couple of games, IU is going to turn this mother out this season. They play Duke tonight, and I don’t think Monte will be able to concentrate at all today due to visions of Killingsworth and Strickland dancing in his head. I love watching the Hoosiers with him because he can be more entertaining than the some of the games themselves--with his constant pacing, jumping, fist-pumping, kneeling in front of the TV, and screaming. He goes Tom-Cruise-on-Oprah crazy. This fanatic behavior (and of course the legendary "YEEEEEAAAAAAYYYYY's" of my father) has led Molly to become frightened of the sport altogether. The moment she hears the referees' whistles and scuffing of high-tops on the freshly-polished court, she makes a mad dash under the bed and shivers until the final buzzer sounds. Well, she is just going to have to get over it because the Hoosiers are here to stay in our household. She can stay under the bed as long as she wants, but Mommy and Daddy ain't changin' the channel! GO BIG RED!
It's the most wonderful time of the year as we bring out all of our Holiday decorations and Hoosier hoodies!! "Don we now our cream and crimson....Fa La La La La La La La La !!!........"



"Indiana, Our Indiana
Indiana, we're all for you.
We will fight for
the Cream and Crimson,
For the glory of Old I. U.
Never daunted, we cannot falter,
In a battle, we're tried and true.
Indiana, Our Indiana,
Indiana, we're all for you!"
You know the tune.
Just so you know all the words.