Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Misty Water-colored Mem'ries

Things I remember:

Being OK with running around naked
Crying the moment I realized some people were homeless
The day I found out Santa was a phony
The first time I tied my shoe
How to speak “Gibberish”
What it feels like to have leeches all over my legs
The smell of my elementary school cafeteria
The first time I said a cuss word out loud

Wishing I was Jem or at least one of The Holograms
My 6th grade locker combination (34-22-12)
What it feels like to fall 2 stories from a tree

Loving to diagram sentences

The last piece of beef I consumed

Every word to Peter Pan
My first bikini
Eating handfuls of raisins before noticing the ants
The moment I realized that everyone poops

Things I don’t remember (but probably should):

What it’s like to eat cake without feeling guilty
Finite Mathematics
How I got home most nights in college
What I was thinking when I cut my hair to my chin
What it feels like to not worry
All of the U.S. Presidents
Why I attempted to play basketball
Life without coffee
Where I left my Favorite Jeans Of All Time
At what age I started wearing makeup
How to dance sober
The words to the IU Fight Song
How to drive a stick-shift
My first Bachelorette party
Monte's cell phone number or our home phone number


______________________________________________
(Inspired by Dooce's classic)

1 Shout outs:

  • You don't remember how to drive a stick shift because you never mastered it...you didn't like the training sessions, did you?
    This post is very educational for Mommy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home