Back from Vacay
just having a weekend filled with gorgeous days at the beach, great food, live music, and time spent with best friends was as refreshing as a week-long vacation. I had more fun than I have in a long time, and it made me even more certain that we need to move back to Indiana. Seeing Sarah only twice a year just won’t cut it. That crazy girl had us all laughing nonstop the entire time with all of her shenanigans, dramatic and hysterical stories, and her game of “Would you rather be attacked by bats or...” When we weren’t laughing or eating, we were being entertained by live music—either by Chris playing guitar or Ben Harper rocking the House of Blues in Orlando. Poor Sarah and Chris got to feel the wrath of Florida traffic (it took us 2.5 hours to drive 50 miles), but the concert was awesome and totally worth it. Ben played for over two hours and the energy was bursting at the seams of the small bar. The
encore of “My Own Two Hands,” had the entire crowd going nuts, jumping, and raising our hands in unison. Normally, I would be tired after all the fun and sun (and 5:45am bedtimes) but today I feel refreshed and elated. It was just like old times. That’s what I love about my friends from the Midwest. No matter how many miles have separated us, or how long it’s been, we will always pick up right where we left off—without missing a beat. I feel like especially our friends and “framily” (I love the word, Bri) from Richmond really have a unique bond that cannot be broken.



I am so glad you had such an awesome time with Sarah visiting!!! It makes me jealous... when can I come? And yes, you and Monte should definitely move back -- to INDY -- I keep a close watch on the houses in the neighborhood for you and Monte!