Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Monday, February 18, 2008

First Comes Love....



Then Comes Marriage....



Then comes a....



You know the rest!! Yep--I'm pregnant!!! Prego, Preggers, Bun in the Oven, Pea in the Pod, Knocked up... whatever you like to call it, I'm just about 10 weeks along on this unbelievable journey.

Wow, that feels weird to actually write it out in the open like that, but I couldn't keep it a secret any longer because we are just way too excited! I found out (after taking 5 pregnancy tests and not believing any of them) and then went to my OB/gyn to confirm it on January 18th. Of course it was a big surprise to us, but Monte and I could not be happier. I wanted to start shouting it from the rooftops and telling everyone I knew, but everything I read (and I am probably obsessing way too much by reading and researching every tiny detail) said I should wait to tell people until a certain number of weeks had passed and the risk of the dreaded "M" word was diminished. So, 10 weeks was my limit. Well, my first trimester has been an absolute breeze so far, and I have really only worried about the things I am
not suffering from (no sickness, acne, mood swings, cravings, etc) than anything else. My doctor assured me that I need to #1) knock on wood, and #2) realize that all pregnancies are different and things look perfectly healthy so far, so be thankful I am feeling great! Exhaustion has been my biggest challenge so far, and now I understand what it my narcoleptic husband must feel like to get the uncontrollable, overwhelming need to nap strike at any hour of the day.

So last Friday, I had my first OB appointment since the doctor confirmed that I was, indeed, "with child" and this time we got to see the little peanut via ultrasound! It was honestly the most wonderful thing I have ever seen, and Monte and I both had tears streaming down our faces. I never thought that a blurry kidney bean on a black and white screen would change my life, but it instantly did. We saw a strong heartbeat, a few wiggles, and Monte was convinced he saw the little one flexing it's tiny muscles. We left the office walking on air and happier than ever. It is all so very real now. The countdown is on for September 18th!


Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

6 Shout outs:

  • congratulations!! that is so very exciting :o) i can't wait to read all of the details as baby farrar grows!

    By Blogger Natalie, at 10:17 PM  

  • HOOORAY! Only 212 more days. They will fly by. Baby Abe gives a shout out and can't wait to play at the beach with Baby Farrar.

    By Blogger Bri, at 10:53 PM  

  • congratulations farrar's!!
    i can't wait to meet this flexing baby :) post lots of pictures of your growing belly too!!
    and by the way, i knocked on wood for you - i'm glad things are going so well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 AM  

  • I couldn't be happier! Well, if you were about 800 miles closer, I guess I might be happier. Keep those progress posts coming!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • Oops, anonymous is ME...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 AM  

  • Well Shut The Front Door!!!!
    Congratulations! I do not know who I am Happier for, you two or your parents....All Four of Them.I can not wait to to see you in, person to give GIANT hugs, but until then, Just know we are all so happy for your new arrival.

    By Blogger Jill, at 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home