Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Week 3 of Thanksgivings

Last night we consumed our third Thanksgiving meal so far--and we are not done yet. Two weeks ago we flew to Indiana to visit and had an early celebration. We decided to rent cozy little cabin in the hills of Brown County with my family (Mimi, Granddad and Uncle John), and we had the most wonderful time. We stopped by Bloomington to have lunch at Yogi's and show Luke our old college stomping grounds. I can just see him standing there in 17 years...

The rest of the weekend we spent hiking and exploring the woods, watching Iowa football (of course), eating great food, and we had such a relaxing time. Here is Luke's first taste of the deliciousness that is Thanksgiving:
Our second Thanksgiving feast was Friday at Luke's school. It was so cute I almost cried. They invited all the families to come sit down in teeny tiny chairs with the babies while they wore their construction paper head dresses and ate the traditional meal. Monte and I stopped by on our lunch break and here are a couple of photos of the cute-overload:

So, this brings us to our third celebration which we hosted last night. We have all gathered for a "Friend Thanksgiving" for the past 4 years, and this year we have a big enough house to fit everyone! I was so excited to host. Monte and I made the turkey and appetizers for 14 adults and 2 babies, and everyone brought a side dish or dessert to share. The food was wonderful, and it was so amazing to look around the table and see such great friends...and now my brother and Whitney are included!! I could not be happier. It has been a year of enormous changes: marriages, new babies, pregnancies, lost jobs and new jobs, homelessness, new homes, relocations, and so much more--and honestly all of these experiences have brought everyone closer together. I am so thankful for my friends and family. Geez, can you tell this is my favorite holiday?! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone, and we will be having our 4th meal on Thursday along with you all.

2 Shout outs:

  • What a cutie! I hope you have a great 4th Thanksgiving meal! I miss going to your house and playing games. Maybe someday :)

    By Blogger Bri, at 10:26 AM  

  • We truly have so much to be thankful for!
    We will miss you so but we were so happy to have you in the land of Hoosiers for a short time...
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

    By Anonymous Mimi/Mom/Carolyn, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home