Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello???

Helloooooo??? Is there anyone out there? Probably not. I am pretty sure I'm all alone on this blog at this point, since it was AUGUST the last time I posted a gosh darn thing. I really have no excuse other than the fact that I got pregnant and felt like I was hungover for the first 3 months-- and barely had enough energy to brush my teeth, let alone write a blog post. By the time the fog of the first trimester lifted, the holidays came and went. Now, here we are in 2011 and I am hoping to make one of my New Year's resolutions to blog more. Despite the fact that I feel like the little baby (who is a GIRL!! yay!) growing inside me has sucked every last functioning brain cell from me, I am going to try to put together a few coherent thoughts every now and then.

So, I am almost 5 months pregnant and little "Junebug" will arrive around the first week of June. We are SO excited to welcome a little bundle of pink frilly sweetness into our house! Luke is pretty calm about the whole thing. He understands I have a baby "in my belly," but I don't think he will really get it that there will be another tiny human coming to live with us until that time comes. If anyone, who happens to stumble across this post, has any advice for us about how to prepare a 2 year old for a new baby--we are all ears. Oh, and I am also full of anxiety about how to potty train that same 2 year old boy...so please feel free to leave comments about where to begin with that one too!

2 Shout outs:

  • Welcome back, my friend!! I am reading this! So, we were in the same situation as you when Sam came along -- potty training and all. In fact, we were *almost* there with the potty training. And then, Baby Sam came along and things went backwards. So, I guess that is my advice -- expect them to revert when the baby comes (unless they are completely potty trained). I pretty much just said screw it for the first 6 weeks with Sam because it was just way too hard to potty train Abe and take care of a newborn. But, it all worked out in the end! Luke may be a superstar though, and be all good by the time your little girl comes. Abe liked to use his pee against us -- it was a LOT of fun, let me tell you :)

    By Blogger Bri, at 8:58 AM  

  • My mother who had lots of experience with potty training said, I have never seen an adult man go to work with a diaper on. In other words, kids will be potty trained , don't worry. You got enough going on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home