Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Rage Against the Week

I don’t think I’ve ever been so glad to see Friday. At this point I don’t care what I said about stopping to think about the lives of the poor penguins--I am going to whine. I am so relieved to see the end of a work-week highlighted by annoying coworkers, piles of crap to get done, and several pounding headaches. Here are a few other gems from the past week:

  • A presentation without Power Point. Salt. I spent days preparing an informative and entertaining presentation for the entire clinic staff and my boss forgot to bring the dang projector. I had to talk to them for 45 min. without visuals- so much for anyone staying awake.
  • Monte's wreck. This guy just doesn’t need any more drama right now! In 3 weeks he’s had a meningitis scare, a root canal, a hernia, a bomb threat, and been hit by a Ford F-150. Poor guy.
  • Molly can't fly. Miss Thang was denied a ticket on our flight to come home for Thanksgiving because there are already two other dogs on the plane. First of all, they are insane for charging $200 for a 2-lb. dog to sit in a purse under a seat, and then to max out at 2 dogs per plane?? I just can't bear the thought of Miss Princess sitting alone in a kennel on her favorite holiday of the year. I'm thinking of chartering her a private jet...
  • The Taxman cometh. We received a letter that we owe additional Indiana taxes and must write a check ASAP for a-frickin-lot-of-money. We got another letter yesterday informing us that our property taxes are increasing by over $1,200 this year. Oh, how joyful.
  • Hurricane Katrina. Yes, once again we are looking at a weekend of torrential rains, high winds, and marathons of “Three’s Company” --that’s if we have power. I don't even want to think about the possibility of being cooped up without A/C or TV.

Sure, you might think I'm a big fat crybaby- OK, I’ll accept that. So, for the sake of mental wellness, I am going to force myself to focus on a few good tidbits from this week.

  • Cake: I have had cake at work 4 out of 5 days this week for a birthday celebrations, a retirement party, and a promotion. From ice cream cake, homemade butter crumb cake, a Publix sheet cake, and a cheesecake—cake has turned my frown upside down.
  • Shopping: I had to have a little retail therapy. Works every time.
  • Monte: I am so thankful he is ok after all that has happened to him in the past few weeks! He hasn’t complained once---I just love him.
  • Highlights: I am getting my hair done this afternoon and it’s unbelievable what a trim and a little color can do for a girl. I think my roots have been a major factor in my outlook on the world this week. I can't wait another minute!
  • Happy Hour: I will be drowning my sorrows from the week in ½ priced Miller Lites and apps. The weekend is finally here!! I feel better already just typing that.

4 Shout outs:

  • Peanut Butter Cookies help when you're feeling bad too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

  • I hope your weekend was amazing - sounds like you deserved a good one! Tell Monte to floss like crazy - I know from personal experience that root canals can come in pairs!!
    ps - can't you just act like molly is a stuffed animal?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

  • Hmm...maybe I should ask the vet about doggie downers so she can just sleep in my purse and not make a move.

    By Blogger Keenan, at 11:26 AM  

  • Keenan, I thought I was the only one that made comments on my own blog. You rock! as for my comment, God bless your heart , you deserve bowling night for a week.

    By Blogger Jill, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home