I am having a hard time writing about, let alone thinking about, anything other than the devastation from Hurricane Katrina. It is heartbreaking, and news of the suffering just continues to get worse. I wish there was more I could do, but I guess the only thing to do right now is offer support. The Red Cross has a secure online donation center for contributions to the relief efforts. Well, have a nice holiday weekend and remember to tell your family and friends that you love them.


It's overwhelming. We must remind ourselves to not complain when we have to wait in a line for a little too long, get a little tired, thirsty, or hungry for we have nothing to complain about in comparison. It's so important that as the vivid and disturbing images fade from the TV, and newspapers, that we don't forget the magnitude of this diaster and the years of disruption this will cause to the families there. Never take for granted what you have and who loves you.