Making My List and Checking it Twice
Decorate tree and hang stockings- check!
Put up outdoor lights on house- check!
Watch The Christmas Story at least twice - _____
Christmas music/all day/every day- check!
Freak out because I don't have enough napkin rings- check!
Burn a batch of Christmas cookies- ____
Ruin at least one more batch of Christmas cookies- _____
Eat almost the entire good batch of cookies to feel better - ____
Start stressing about what gifts to buy for everyone- check!
Discuss and agree upon a “no gifts” policy this year- check!
See shoes that I can’t live without and propose a “Just don’t go all-out” policy- check!
Throw self into the masses of stressed shoppers- check!
Get flipped-off by a stressed holiday shopper- check!
Become stressed because the stressed shoppers are stressful- check!
Decide to buy gifts online- check!
Bite off all fingernails- check!
Drink too much “holiday cheer”- _____
Suffer Dante’s-fourth-circle-of-Hell-hangover - _____
Decide that New Year’s resolution will be to never drink again- _____
Start a small fire on the mantle with decorative holiday candles and Christmas cards -____
Pray that this won’t be remembered as “The Year Keenan Ruined Christmas” - check!
Walk outside in December to sunshine and warm 78-degree breezes - check!
Deep-breathe and vow to stop stressing for the remainder of the holidays and enjoy every moment - check!
Remember that it’s really all about family anyway- check!
Decide that this Christmas is going to be the best one yet - check!



Remember to enjoy the season...the only way Christmas could be "ruined" is if Dad and I couldn't come to see you...and that isn't happening!
I'll be rolling and dipping Buckeyes this weekend and will ship them to you.
It's okay to rotate out some of the Christmas music with some other tunes else you'll want to punch out the radio by, say December 20th.
I'm counting the days (17 to be exact).