Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Spring in My Step

When I walked outside for lunch, it hit me. Maybe it was the way the sun glistened through the new leaves and warmed my face. Maybe it was the way the breeze carried the birds’ songs and tousled my hair. Something about today sparked a nostalgic feeling and I wanted to drop everything and just lie in the grass. Suddenly, I was flooded with memories of...picnics...hiking in Earlham woods...Paris...driving in the country with all the windows down...Allman Brothers...the ice-cream man...skipping class...Yogi’s patio...biking through campus...barbeques...camping...

It’s subtle, familiar and so comforting.
Spring is in the air.

4 Shout outs:

  • it is 48, windy, and getting ready to rain here... no spring in my step...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 PM  

  • What a feeling?! SHPRING FEEVAA!! I'm excited to hear the birds chirping in the early morning, even if it still is cold. They're probably wondering why they flew back up to this part of the world so early and Florida is so nice and warm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 PM  

  • That is how I felt this morning too! I even had my window cracked on my drive in to work! Yay for Spring!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 2:50 PM  

  • Its because IU is going all the way BAAABY!!! GO HOOOOOSIERS!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home