VIP
Saturday night we had a taste of how the “other half” lives. Tuxedos, yachts, champagne, exquisite food, models, and couture. Three words: Mah. vah. lous. Rachael works for the International Academy of Design in the fashion marketing department and she got us tickets to “Strut,” the biggest fashion event in Tampa Bay. The annual event took place in the convention center and consisted of a fundraiser, design expo of art and photography exhibits, and ended with a professional fashion show. Of course she got us VIP tickets (yeah, baby!), so we got the royal treatment including valet parking, cocktails and a dinner cruise on this yacht, premium runway seating, and a kick-ass after party. These tickets went for $500 a piece and it was interesting being surrounded by couples who actually dropped $1,000 for a night on the town, and it was also pretty sweet that they thought we were in their league.
I slipped on my little black dress and strappy heels while Monte donned his suit and tie and we headed downtown to board the yacht for our dinner cruise. As I stood on the deck next to my gorgeous husband and we looked at the Tampa skyline in the setting sun, it was perfect. After hanging out on the boat for a couple of hours, we went into the convention center and were escorted to our tables for the fashion show. The show itself was awesome; from the light displays, the loud music and the video screens--it was a huge production. And, after watching "Project Runway," I have a new found knowledge and respect for what goes into making each garment. After the show, we rounded up the rest of our friends who were sitting in the "peanut gallery" and headed out to the bars. We danced the rest of the night away and had an absolutely fabulous night! I could get used to this.
I slipped on my little black dress and strappy heels while Monte donned his suit and tie and we headed downtown to board the yacht for our dinner cruise. As I stood on the deck next to my gorgeous husband and we looked at the Tampa skyline in the setting sun, it was perfect. After hanging out on the boat for a couple of hours, we went into the convention center and were escorted to our tables for the fashion show. The show itself was awesome; from the light displays, the loud music and the video screens--it was a huge production. And, after watching "Project Runway," I have a new found knowledge and respect for what goes into making each garment. After the show, we rounded up the rest of our friends who were sitting in the "peanut gallery" and headed out to the bars. We danced the rest of the night away and had an absolutely fabulous night! I could get used to this.



Hey, can I borrow your life for just a minute??!! That looked like a fantabulous night!
Wow. Lots of Beautiful People!