Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Maybe It's the Blog Flu

If you haven’t noticed, I have been struggling for content lately. Clearly, things have been lacking in the creative department here at the “Sunshine State.” No, it’s not that my life has recently become uninteresting or that I’ve become paralyzed by post-traumatic stress disorder from the shootings at my workplace. And, don’t go making assumptions that I spend all my time on myspace and have forgotten about my lovely readers over here—I haven’t. You all know that this blog is first and foremost on my list of priorities in my life...well, after food, clothing, shelter, love, work...painting my toenails...picking lint off of my towels, and thinking about the lives of cinch bugs...OK, so it’s been pretty much last on my list. I’m not saying, you—my Lovelies—are my last priorities. It’s just that I’m not feeling the creative fire as of late. I think it’s like a Blog Flu going around in the blogosphere, and it makes me feel a little better that I’m not the only one who has been feeling a little slump. I’m sure we will all fully recover soon.

For now, just a couple of updates...

- Things around the office have quieted down a little since
last Thursday, but I still do not feel safe. I feel a little better because there have been 7 arrests and the an eviction notice for one of the households involved. While the majority of the staff and managers have been very supportive, the whole situation was poorly handled (to say the least) by our agency leaders. I feel like they are just brushing it aside in hopes that it “will just blow over.” In our all-staff meeting yesterday, The Health Department Director informed everyone that there was a “scuffle” at the college Hill location and everything is “under control now.” He basically downplayed the situation and offered no compassion for those of us who witnessed an extremely disturbing situation. The bottom line is that our office will not be moving from this location because he said we will not be “run out of the neighborhood.” Personally, I haven’t decided whether or not I will be “run out” of here.

- Well, sod-of-a-bitch! We’re finally done with our backyard. We (read: Monte) finished the backbreaking work of weeding, tilling, leveling, fertilizing, and sodding—and it looks fabulous. He is my “Constant Gardener,” (great movie, by the way) and maybe this weekend he will be able to bring himself to relax and admire all of his work. Here is evidence for the record that I did do some work, and what is Monte doing? Looks like he's 'bout to check up on it!

4 Shout outs:

  • What a beautiful yard..you guys have done such a good job. All it needs now is company.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 PM  

  • No wonder you haven't blogged lately. You're probably plum tuckered out from all the work you've been doing in that beautiful yard! I bet Molly is pleased she has grass to scamper in again. Nice Job!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

  • Wow! Love te yard. Really looks beauteous.

    By Blogger Jill, at 12:39 AM  

  • Looks beautiful! I want to come down to Florida and roll around in the grass with Miss Molly.

    By Blogger Whitney, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home