How 'bout them Rays?! It has been so much fun to watch this team go from worst in the league last year to now being on their way to the World Series. The first game is tonight! I have loved baseball since I was a little girl and my Dad took me to Cincinnati Reds games. It always makes me feel nostalgic with thoughts of summertime, frosty malts, and peanuts.
Speaking of peanuts...poor Luke still has his dry, red and rough rash, and this weekend it was looking almost worse than before. His face was just covered and he was fussy and restless--I am sure he was itchy and uncomfortable. I felt so terrible for the little man that I was in tears. I stopped eating all dairy and nuts last Thursday, so Friday I stocked up on soy milk, soy veggie burgers, soy nuts, and tofu. His rash would still flare up after he ate, and I just couldn't understand it! Since I had cut out possible triggers, was it something
else I was eating? I thought back to a few weeks ago when the rash initially showed up, and I realized I bought several packages of soy nuts on sale and had been eating them throughout the weeks. Maybe it is soy he is allergic to?! So, Monday I cut out soy as well, and his rash has already improved. I am not going to get too excited yet, but I have a little glimmer of hope that I did not have this weekend. One problem with all of this "cutting" is that I am so freaking hungry! There is little I can eat in our house other than fruit. I suppose after a few weeks of this restriction and it clears up, I can possibly intoduce dairy or nuts to see if anything happens. Then I could be certain it was the soy causing it.
The most devastating part of this whole thing is the fact that, because I don't know what could be causing the reaction, I had to dump every last bottle of pumped milk I had stocked in my freezer. I cried as I poured it down the drain because it had taken me 5 weeks to save it all. As anyone who has ever nursed knows, this was like throwing away liquid gold. So I am back to square one stocking the freezer as well as trying to figure out what's causing this. In the meantime, at least we can enjoy Rays baseball and...I suppose I can swap my peanuts for popcorn while cheering them on.
You poor thing! You need to eat! What about bread and pasta? Big Macs? Okay maybe not Big Macs. I hope the mystery gets solved soon -- for both you and Luke!(He's adorable, by the way. And, you are too!)