Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Two months

This is almost a week late, but Luke turned 2 months old and I thought I'd give a little update on our lives. It is incredible how much he has changed in these short 8 weeks. I am so thankful that I have been able to be home to share this precious time with him because he really has become his own person and a part of our family--much different from the tiny stranger we brought home from the hospital. He loves to "talk" to us on the bed, play on his jungle mat (courtesy of Aunt Jillsy), and stare at the huge oak trees in our yard. But, lately, his very favorite things are his hands. He stares at them, realizes that he is controlling them, and concentrates so hard (to the point of crossing his eyes sometimes) on moving them to his mouth. Then he slimes them in the drool factory otherwise known as his mouth.

He has become quite the little social butterfly and has been to a couple of barbecues and dinner parties with us. He smiles at all the ladies fussing over him and watches football with the guys. We are having a Thanksgiving meal with friends (25 people!) this weekend and I'm sure he will put on a good show. Maybe we can make him the centerpiece like we did in Indiana when I visited...

I am also so thankful that he has been consistently sleeping 6-7 hours a night and is so good about going right back to sleep after a brief meal. All this sleep has definitely improved my energy level during the day and I have been back to the gym several times. He has his 2 month check-up and first vaccinations this Thursday. Since I sell vaccines for GSK for a living, I know our products and exactly what is in them as well as what types of side effects may occur, so that makes me feel very comfortable with this appointment. I still know it will be hard to see my little sweet pea in pain with the injections. He is already 12.5 pounds according to our scale, so we will see how much he has grown and if he is setting any big-baby records!

2 Shout outs:

  • I am totally needing a Luke fix. I can't wait to get my hands on him to see if he remembers my ga ga goo goos when he was in your tummy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • After Grayson went for his 2 month check up someone told me to have a bottle ready as a distraction right after the shots. I'll be trying that at his 4 month appointment because the crying was more painful for me than it probably was for him! Glad to hear everything is going so well!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home