D-Day
Happy New year everyone! Ahh...the first Monday of 2009. It is almost over and I am so happy. I am exhausted. Today was Luke's first official day at "school." I had taken him there twice over the past couple of weeks to take supplies and meet the teachers, but I hadn't left him alone. So, today was a big day for us. I kept myself composed all morning and walked in with a positive attitude, but when I handed him over to Miss Holly he freaked with a capital F. I know he was just overwhelmed, and it isn't separation issues yet, but it still broke my heart to hear him cry to the point of coughing. So, needless to say, I was a mess and a half when I walked out of there. I went into one of my favorite offices and cried to the doctor and nurses and they told me stories of their kids first days of babysitter/daycare and gave me chocolate. I felt better. I called to check on him after that and they said he stopped crying minutes after I left and was happily playing in the exersaucer. I knew he would be fine. When I picked him up he was sitting in a circle of 3 other babies and smiling like an angel. I ran over and picked him up and he didn't even smile at me--I think he was embarrassed that I was kissing his cheeks like a crazy woman in front of his new friends. ;)
After I drop him off tomorrow (Tuesday) morning I leave for Philadelphia for a work meeting and Monte will pick him up at 6pm (poor baby!) when he gets back in town from Orlando for an overnight conference of his own. So then I pass the torch to Monte to take over while I'm gone. This will be the boys first time overnight without me. I stocked the fridge with milk and I'm sure Monte is excited for the 4am feeding. But, I know he can handle it all! What a way to start the New Year- back to work, starting daycare, and both of us traveling. I am already looking forward to the weekend and next week settling into a more normal routine!
After I drop him off tomorrow (Tuesday) morning I leave for Philadelphia for a work meeting and Monte will pick him up at 6pm (poor baby!) when he gets back in town from Orlando for an overnight conference of his own. So then I pass the torch to Monte to take over while I'm gone. This will be the boys first time overnight without me. I stocked the fridge with milk and I'm sure Monte is excited for the 4am feeding. But, I know he can handle it all! What a way to start the New Year- back to work, starting daycare, and both of us traveling. I am already looking forward to the weekend and next week settling into a more normal routine!


Oh my goodness, it is such a hard thing to do. But these little ones are so happy in any invironment. They will be fine. It is the parents that have all the anguish. Little Luke will be great, and so will his parents. The first day is the hardest. I feel for you guys.