Weekend Fun
So anyway, this weekend while our entire town was pillaging, plundering, and celebrating Gasparilla (the annual pirate fest in Tampa) the three of us were shopping at Babies 'R' Us. The streets were pretty empty in town and it was the perfect time to do a few errands. To me, this was the perfect way to spend my Gasparilla weekend. We have always had a great time at this Mardi Gras-like parade, but this year our lives have drastically changed and we would much rather steer clear of the drunken pirates and hang home with our little man. Our big plans for the weekend involved feeding him rice cereal for the first time. He loved it and was practically feeding himself by shoving the spoon into his mouth.
Over the weekend he also started getting sick, so I am taking him to the doctor today to make sure it's nothing more than a common cold. He has a horrible cough, wheezy-sounding breathing, and a low-grade fever so I want to get him checked out. He really hasn't been as sick as I thought he would be once he started daycare, so I am thankful for that. I just feel bad for the little guy with all of the suctioning of his nose, sleeping upright in his carseat, thermometers, and humidifiers he has been enduring. He still smiles through it all. Sweet little snot-nose. :)



The boy is so advanced! He will be feeding himself in no time! He liked it Mama.