Schedule Schmedule
Just when we thought we were getting into some type of routine with work and daycare... we go and change things up again. Last Friday Monte headed to Las Vegas with a group of guys for our good friend's (Jon's) bachelor party. So that I wouldn't have to be alone in our house all weekend, my Mom agreed to come down and help me take care of Luke. As you can imagine, I had to twist her arm to convince her to leave the sub-zero temperatures and come to sunny Florida to play with her favorite grandson for a long weekend! We had a wonderful time. The three of us went out for sushi one day and Indian food another day since my Mom can't really find anything other than Texas Road House and Cracker Barrel in Richmond. Even though we didn't make a trip to the beach, we took plenty of walks and enjoyed being outside all weekend. In between all of our fun, I received 4,598 text messages and calls from Monte missing his boy and asking me to send text pictures of him so he could stop crying at the Blackjack tables. He said it was so hard to be away from him and warned me that I am going to be a mess when I am gone for 4 nights. That's right, I am going on a cruise with the bachelorette (Rachael) and 8 other girls to Cozumel this Thursday through the Monday. Monte thinks I might throw myself overboard and try to swim home because being away from our son is too hard to handle. I will try not to make news headlines. I am so excited to go have a blast with my girlfriends, and fully prepared to cry myself to sleep each night. There are actually two other mothers who have also never been away from their babies, so we will probably be sobbing in harmony as the boat rocks us to sleep. No, really, it will be great to relax, sip drinks by the pool, snorkel, and laugh with my girls. Monte will be in charge of all feeding, changing, playing, cleaning, etc, and I know he will do just fine. I'm sure we will all three be pretty sleep-deprived once I get home and all this traveling is over. The next weekend the Super Bowl comes to Tampa and we are already looking forward to avoiding the crowds and doing absolutely nothing on our couch with Lukey.


Yea, well guess who's crying NOW!!?? WAAAAAA
I had such a great time with you and Luke and look forward to the next time I can "help" you kids out!