Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Maybe if I had an IV drip.

Maybe that would help this caffeine do its one and only job faster. Maybe then I would be motivated to do something other than read celebrity gossip, check the weather, and blog about nothing at all. I am on my second 16-ounce mug of extra dark roasted goodness, and nothing is happening. Just fog. It doesn’t help that I woke up at 7:30 this morning and I am supposed to be at work at 7:30. I didn’t even brush my hair. I do have matching shoes on, so that’s good. Last year, I vowed that I would never again look down at lunch and see one brown and one black boot. Why isn’t the caffeine working? It must be the cold weather. My body always takes a while to adjust when the weather changes. The past couple of days as the temperatures have plummeted, my skin has felt different, I have static in my hair, I can’t breathe during my workouts, and my extremities are ice sickles (sp?). Then, this morning my internal alarm clock malfunctions, I walk outside and it’s 52 freaking degrees, and then my body decides to ignore coffee’s commands. Jeez. I guess I can look on the bright side because it's like I have a whole new wardrobe of sweaters, pants and jackets to choose from. OK, well, I’ve wasted enough time writing this nonsense that I should be awake by now. Let me check. Nope. But, I have to just suck it up because emails are piling up and people are coming in. Maybe one more cup will do it.

2 Shout outs:

  • Friday-eve is always my hardest day too. Especially when it's cold and the bed feels so warm. Heck, our house is about 56 freaking degrees at night!! That makes it hard to get up.
    Hang in there......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

  • I feel that way every morning ... isn't that normal? Unhealthy, but normal.

    By Blogger Bri, at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home