Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Me + Jack Black = 4 Eva

Oh, how I have missed him. I heart him so. In college I think my brother and I listened to Tenacious D (The Greatest Band in the History of the world. Ever.) on a daily basis and watched the DVDs at least once a week. I have since been neglecting old "Jables" and I haven't really seen him since School of Rock. Well, my dreams came true this Saturday when he hosted SNL. When he came out and sang his “King Kong,” song it instantly became my new favorite song (by the way if anyone finds a clip of this-please send it to me), and I knew it was going to be a very good night. I was in tears for the entire show, and that hasn’t happened since the days of Will Ferrell. If you were out too late and missed it, or if you went to bed early and forgot to set your Tivo—find a friend who recorded it and see it immediately. Seriously, watch it. I mean it.

A couple more of my favorites were:

The Chronic-- WHAT?--cles of Narnia!”: Don’t even get me started on this unbelievable rap video by Chris Parnell and Andy Samburg (the new kid with the hair). Not only was it one of the funniest sketches on the show in a long time, but it was the most brilliant rap I have ever seen in my life. Click here to watch the "Lazy Sunday" now. You won't be dissapointed.

Spelling Bee: Will Forte played a boy in a spelling bee and was asked to spell the word "business." So, he does this: “B-u-d-s-d-s-t-p-u-y-e-r-s-c-v-s-s-d-f-g-s-h-g-j-h-h-j-k-e-w-d-a-d-a- d-d-a-d--s-t-p-u-y-e-r-s-c-v-sf-g-s-h-g-j-h-h-j-k-f-f-s-e-q-we-w- e-w-d-
f-g-s-h-g-j-h-h-j-k-f-f-s-e-q-we-w-d-s-t-p-u-y-e-r-s-c-v-ss- u-y-e-r- u-d-
s-d-s-t-p-u-s--s-t-p-u-y-e-r-s-c-v-ss--s-t-p-
f-g-s-h-g-j-h-h-j-k-f-f-s-e-q-w
-w-d-
u-y-e-r-s-c--u-y-e-r- u-y-e-r-s-c-v-ss--s-t-p-u-y-e-r-s- u-y-e-r-s-c-v-s-s- -s-t-p-u-y-e-r-s- u-y-e-r- t-t-t-t-q-q-q-q-q-q-q-q-q-q-j-k-f-f-s-e-q. Business.”
The moderator just said, "Wrong."
The letters went on for at least 4 minutes beyond what was a comfortable time limit, and that was the beauty of it. Plus, Kage came for a guest appearance of Tenacisous D and did a sweet Spelling Bee Song.

Loved. Every. Minute.

3 Shout outs:

  • "Could you give me the origin of the word, please?"
    "Could you give me the definition, please?"
    "Could you use it in a sentence, please?"

    I'm still laughing. I like Mapquest over Yahoo maps.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 AM  

  • "Yo. You can call us Aaron Burr
    from the way we're droppin' Hamiltons..."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

  • Here you go. Love it. Christmas time for the Jews was my favorite.

    SNL with Jack Black

    By Blogger INSwimmer, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home