Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Friday, April 07, 2006

1982 Was a Good Year

Today’s my little brother’s birthday. My little brother is 24! That is just so weird to say, and it makes me feel old. It’s so great to see him living on his own in St. Louis, doing so well (yes, Mom, he pays all his bills and eats all by himself!), and growing into such a well-rounded young man (or “young lad,” as my Dad says). It amazes me how much he has matured from the little squirrelly, scrawny, swimmer dude who constantly pestered me, made fun of me, and eavesdropped on my phone calls. He has become someone I truly admire and respect, and he is one of my best friends. To top it off, he is the funniest person I know, and he has the ability to bring crowds to uncontrollable laughter—sometimes without even saying a word. With one quick contortion of his face or a silly little jig, he can have everyone in tears. He can also bring a crowded party to complete silence with his unbelievable guitar skills. On top of his comedic and musical brilliance, he is extremely generous, caring, loyal, honest, and forever-optimistic. He is hundreds of miles away and I miss him today on his birthday and every day! I love ya bro!
Happy birthday Johnny!!

6 Shout outs:

  • Happy B-day John!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 AM  

  • Awww 1982 was a good year! Happy Birthday Johnny!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 9:39 AM  

  • Keenan, what a nice blog. Your brother is really cool. I am so happy for him because you are right.....he is perfect in every way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 PM  

  • You're the bestest, Johnny! I am so happy that you and your sister are great friends and that you can laugh AT me and I don't even care.
    Happy Birthday, my pwecious!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 PM  

  • Wow! What a tribute to your Johnny B. He is the funniest young man, and I especially love his silly antics with Kyle and Robby. It's so great to observe the great relationship he has with you and Monte. Guess Carolyn and Steve did a great job, with you both.

    By Blogger Jill, at 5:03 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Dun!!!! See you Memorial weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home