Summer's here...
We had another fun-filled weekend with visitors! Ericka and Gus drove down from Indianapolis and spent last week in Naples at his family’s condo. Before beginning their long trek back north, they stayed with us for Thursday and Friday nights. Of course that meant I had an excuse to play hooky from work on Friday to hang out with them and hit the beach! We couldn’t have asked for a better day; the air and water temperatures were in the high 80’s, and the breeze made it perfect. The grouper sandwiches and cold beer at Frenchy’s didn’t hurt either. It was a quick visit, but it was a pleasure to have them here. They are seriously the cutest couple ever, and I’m glad we finally got to officially meet Gus!
Well, it finally feels like summer to me. The longer days, stifling temperatures, and the recent addition (like, today) of rain bring back feelings of lazy days and no worries. Well, almost no worries. Here in Florida, summeronly means 1 thing to a lot of people. Hurricanes. We are having our first taste of the hurricane season with Tropical Storm Alberto right now. It’s going to be a very “active” season, I’m sure. While it’s a little scary, we have become so accustomed to securing the house and stocking up on canned food, that it’s just another aspect of summer here. We have a lot to look forward to this summer, and I’m not going to let fear keep me from enjoying every minute of it!



Thanks for having us! We had a blast! (and now I fully understand that sod is an investment...) I hear that Alberto is losing steam - I will cross my fingers :)