Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So This is Christmas

Well, our tree is decorated, the lights are up on the house, and holiday treats are overflowing from tins in the kitchen—but it still doesn’t feel 100% like Christmas yet. I’m sure it is due to the fact that the weather has been in the 80’s—but I’m not complaining. Maybe it's because this year Monte and I will have a quiet holiday with just the two of us, and I'm not in "frantic planning-mode" like last year when my whole family came. I look forward to the feelings of nostalgia that come with the traditions of the holiday, but as of now, all I feel is anxiety because I haven't finished my shopping. It is our third holiday here in Florida, and we have picked up some of our own traditions over the years. We spend our “white Christmas” eve on Clearwater Beach, pick oranges from our neighbor’s tree for fresh-squeezed juice, sit outside by the fire in t-shirts, and play bocce ball in the yard. Also, instead of ham on Christmas day—we have grilled grouper, and instead of pumpkin pie—we have key lime. Obviously, some of these traditions will be hard to transfer to Indiana, so we will enjoy them while we can. I hope you and your families enjoy your time together, as well as your own traditions this holiday season.

Happy Holidays!

1 Shout outs:

  • I hope I don't fulfill the family tradition of "ruining Christmas" this year. {insert Debbie Downer music here}

    I wanna a beach/bocce Christmas. Hope it is wonderful!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home