Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Very Special Day

September 26th is a very special date in the history of the world. First of all, "West Side Story" opened in 1957. “I like to leeve eeen Ame-deee-cah...” Who doesn’t love that musical? Also, it is the day Kennedy and Nixon first debated....ummm, ok--great. But most importantly, on this date in history**, Carolyn Holli Hood Burkett was born. This woman, also known as my Mother, is the most kindhearted, self-less, loving, and amazing woman I will ever know. She is my mentor, my best friend, and first person I go to for advice or just a Sunday phone chat. I don’t know how I would make it through life (let alone trying to make any recipe) without her guidance and endless support. I am thankful everyday that even though we live miles apart, we are so close. Today, and everyday, I honor and celebrate my beautiful Mom.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!

**Year withheld to respect the birthday girl.

4 Shout outs:

  • Very sweet post... Happy Birthday Carolyn!!! I shall have a drink in your honor this evening :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 PM  

  • Well, I had a few drinks in your honor tonight too. Maybe I will see you this wkd? Happy Birthday!!!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 2:15 AM  

  • Loved the picture and love the sweet sentiments. We will be celebrating your Mommy's B-day this weeked! Look out Jasper! You and Monte man will be missed.

    By Blogger Jill, at 11:58 AM  

  • Thank you so much for the nice post. You made me what I am today...a good mother. :) Love you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home