Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

YAY! This weekend we get to celebrate Halloween!! I absolutely love this holiday! Candy+ punkins+ costumes+ parties+ scary stuff= awesome in my book! I struggled and looked for weeks to find a St. Pauli girl costume, and NOTHING fit me. We went to several costume shops and the pictures on the packages all seemed so adorable, but when I would get them on, they were baggy, cheap-looking, and had a $65 price tag. I searched thrift stores and vintage shops, and was about to give up and throw on my police badge from Walmart that I wore last year. But, finally Rachael and I tried on Batgirl and Robin and they fit us both perfectly. So, that’s it: I’m Robin the girl wonder! I always knew I had super-hero skills and strength, but we’ll see how I do at being a sidekick. I’m not even going to go into what Monte, John and Joe are wearing this year. I’ll just say... it’s the sh*t. Literally.

This weekend is going to be fun, but what I am really looking forward to is one week from today...we set sail on our CRUISE!! Monte, being the superb salesman that he is, won a sales promotion contest and received an all-expense paid cruise to Cozumel for 4 nights!! I promise I will never complain about him working long hours again. We’ve never been on a cruise, so I’ve been researching all about the ship, the food, the rooms, the shore excursions, and all I know is: it’s going to be amazing. That, and, I’m going to gain at least 25 pounds. The food is endless and unlimited, the drinks will be flowing, and I’m going to get my money’s worth. Well, I guess we’re not exactly paying for it, but whatever. I’m ordering lobster and crème brule every night and I can’t wait! It seems like whenever I talk to anyone who has been on a cruise, they always have tips for us. So, if anyone has any advice—please share! Hopefully, we’ll come back with a great tan, gorgeous pictures, souvenirs, and awesome memories in addition to the 25 pounds.

5 Shout outs:

  • I didn't even know you were going on a cruise - how fun!! You guys are really leading the life these days :) I have no advice or wonderful stories to share as I have never been blessed with a cruise opportunity - just stay away from the balconies when you're tipsy and eat & drink everything in sight!! Have fun this weekend Robin!! I expect a photo montage on Monday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

  • First of all, YOU are NOT a "sidekick" to anyone, Missy.
    Secondly, always use your super powers for good, my sweet.
    PS..Cruise ships don't turn around if you fall overboard so wear your life vest with your cocktail dress & high heels...EEEE!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM  

  • Monte has great work perks -- my husband got a gift certificate from Wal Mart when he was "Teacher of the Year" :)

    How exciting a cruise will be!! I have no advice, but I agree with Ericka, stay away from the edge!!

    By Blogger Bri, at 3:15 PM  

  • Monte stands in front of the boat and says he's king of the world within the first hour, or I give you my next paycheck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

  • My little liepchein you could get that German barmaid costume at the Schniztelbank! The infamous German restraunt here in town.Robin sounds way cuter. Have fun!Happy Halloween!

    By Blogger Jill, at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home