Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

It’s here, people! The day has finally arrived! Can you feel it?! Oh, how I have been waiting for this day for months, and the time has come! I woke up this morning with a smile on my face and I leapt out of bed and literally skipped around while getting ready. I only have morning energy like this on Christmas, my birthday, and the first day of vacation. Normally, I wake up like the kitten on the nightshirts, but not nearly as cute. But, no--not today! Why? Because today is the premier of “Nacho Libre,” starring Jack Black, aka: JB, aka: Jables, aka: The Greatest Singer in the World, aka: my BFF!!

I LOVE him. I recently saw the movie “King Kong,” and, while I thought he gave a surprisingly great (and appropriately restrained) performance—I missed his elastic facial expressions and physical antics. So, I am counting down the minutes to 10:00pm tonight when I will see him return to his comic glory! Even if the movie is dumb, pointless or crude--just seeing him on the big screen in his tiny sweat suit and “recreation clothes” will be SO worth my $8.50.

Yay for Friday!! And Yay for Nachoooooooooooooo!!!

4 Shout outs:

  • Funny, I've been stuck on his original song "King Kong" he sang on SNL. I want to know all the words.
    Bang a gong, King Kong!
    I want to hear all about the Nacho experience!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • here you go mrs. burkett:
    There's a little place I know
    Where a bunch of funky people live.
    They were looking for a sacrifice
    One that they had to give.

    To King Kong.
    Where did he go wrong?
    King Kong.
    That's why I wrote this song
    King Kong.
    They took him to a world
    Where he don't belong.

    Had to find a lady to give to Kong
    To keep that chunky monkey tame.
    He fell in love with Naomi Watts' character
    I forget her name. Okay, I have to admit I didn't read the script
    'Cause I find that it gets in the way.
    Of my acting pro-cess which I've carefully honed
    And also I don't know how to read.

    King Kong
    Pass the Grey Poupon
    King Kong
    Fighting the Viet Kong
    King Kong
    Everybody bang a gong
    'Cause he don't belong."

    [ the band slows down for a minute ]

    Jack Black: Alright, this is where the song gets really personal, so listen up.

    [ the band pop right back into action again ]

    Jack Black: [ singing ]
    "I show up to the set at a quarter to noon
    And then I pretend to get a nasty cramp.
    So I can go back to my sweet-ass trailer
    And take myself a tasty nap.
    Then the director dude come and pound on my door
    And say, "Jack this has got to STOP!"
    But then the next day I had my sweet revenge
    By urinating in his coffee pot.

    On the set of King Kong
    Wears a massive thong
    King Kong
    He got it going on
    King Kong
    Jack Black wrote this song
    So do yourself a favor
    Please clap along
    Everybody now
    Clap with me
    But do not sing
    The singing's my job
    You'll only mess up the song, trust me.

    1, 2, 3 - King Kong!
    Opening in Hong Kong
    King Kong
    He listens to Cheech and Chong
    King Kong
    This is his theme song
    He's a crazy old gorilla
    And he guarantee a thrilla'
    And once you see the movie
    You'll be feeling pretty groovy
    And a rooby dooby da ba do ba ba bo oh
    KING KONG!"

    By Blogger INSwimmer, at 7:59 PM  

  • I can't wait to see it! We are going to see it in a few days!!!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 7:41 PM  

  • How was Nachooooooooooo? Seeing his butt flex makes me laugh every time.

    By Blogger Bri, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home