Honeymooners
For the past week I have been suffering from what I am convinced was the bird flu, so I have
been concentrating on surviving as opposed to writing in my blog. I apologize. But, luckily, I recovered just in time to celebrate our 3rd (yes, third!!) anniversary yesterday. The past two years we have celebrated the occasion by going out to dinner—which is always great. But, this year I wanted to do something different; something a little more creative and romantic. I decided to plan a honeymoon-themed picnic. We spent our honeymoon in Ambergris Caye, Belize, and it was by far the best trip we have ever taken together. Everything about the island—from the fantastic food, to the crystal clear water, to the welcoming culture—was unforgettable. So, I ordered Belikin beer (the only kind in Belize) and hot sauce that Monte loved, and cooked up a Belizian feast to take to our favorite beach— conveniently named Honeymoon Island. We were all alone on the beach except for the flock of pink birds (which we thought were flamingos) and a single kite-surfer in the distance. We walked along the shore, set our blanket on the sand, and watched a gorgeous sunset as we ate. It was absolutely perfect. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband, and they way it looks right now, this honeymoon might just last a lifetime.
been concentrating on surviving as opposed to writing in my blog. I apologize. But, luckily, I recovered just in time to celebrate our 3rd (yes, third!!) anniversary yesterday. The past two years we have celebrated the occasion by going out to dinner—which is always great. But, this year I wanted to do something different; something a little more creative and romantic. I decided to plan a honeymoon-themed picnic. We spent our honeymoon in Ambergris Caye, Belize, and it was by far the best trip we have ever taken together. Everything about the island—from the fantastic food, to the crystal clear water, to the welcoming culture—was unforgettable. So, I ordered Belikin beer (the only kind in Belize) and hot sauce that Monte loved, and cooked up a Belizian feast to take to our favorite beach— conveniently named Honeymoon Island. We were all alone on the beach except for the flock of pink birds (which we thought were flamingos) and a single kite-surfer in the distance. We walked along the shore, set our blanket on the sand, and watched a gorgeous sunset as we ate. It was absolutely perfect. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband, and they way it looks right now, this honeymoon might just last a lifetime.



Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a perfect evening.