Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ballers 4 Life

I promise not to turn my blog into a kickball wrap-up, but I just can’t get over how much fun it is! Tuesday is seriously my favorite day of the week now. Our team is hilarious, insane, and actually happens to be pretty friggin' awesome at kickball. But, I’m sure the other teams must think we have lost our minds. We show up with 70’s knee-socks and shorty-shorts, bandanas, Viking hats, mowhawks, black under our eyes, and an almost sickening amount of spirit. We scream, we kick, we slide, we pelt people with rubber balls, and we make friends doing it. I love it.

In the very first pitch of our opening game last week, Adam (above in bandana) approached the ball, kicked his leg as hard as he could, did a back flip, and landed on his stomach; he then recovered, sprinted, and did a 5-foot-high dive/belly flop onto 1st base. That’s just how we roll. However, we got beat 5-0 in that opening game because we were highly unorganized and unprepared. So, this week we planned our strategy and came with a line-up, assigned field positions, and more beer. Our preparations paid off, because we beat the veteran team 6-4.


Of course, the competition is never over after the last ball is kicked. All of the teams meet up at our favorite Irish bar for food and a Flip Cup tournament. This tends to get even more heated than kickball and lasts well into the night. Our team demolished the others in that arena as well. We are just unstoppable. I am actually a little disappointed that I won’t be able to play next week due to our vacation, but hey, I'll have planty of volleyball, bocce ball, and beer pong to sustain my competitive spirit.

1 Shout outs:

  • Love the tube socks!!! I'm so glad your team won and is developing competitive strategies...Go Ballers Go!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home