So, it's 2:45AM
Of course I am awake... sleeping is no longer the relaxing part of the day when I rest my body and mind. It is a time for waking up 45 times to use the bathroom, worry about anything and everything, wish I could get comfortable, and tonight: blogging.
Since the last time I posted, we have had major success with Luke and potty training. The first weekend in April we decided to go cold turkey with the pull-ups and switch to undies, and we vowed to never look back. I bought tons of fun underwear, stickers, M&Ms ("lem lems") and we were ready to go. I was really nervous--more that I would not be able to stick to it, than I was for his committment--but we just jumped right in. I couldn't believe my eyes because after only 2 accidents that first morning, it was like something clicked, and he used the potty consistently after that! I think the "lem lems" were the miracle motivator. :) I have never been so proud! So we have been diaper-free for about a month, but we only have 6 more weeks until the diapers start all over again. Baby Julia will be making her debut on June 6th (if not before). I would be very happy if she decided to come a little earlier since Momma is really tired. And hot. And terrified that stretchmarks are in my future if this child continues to grow at this rate. I swear over the past 2 weeks I have doubled in size.
As I have been getting more and more anxious to have our new tiny addition arrive, I have also been getting a little sad that my precious Luke is growing up so fast. I cannot imagine it getting any better than this age. I want to keep him this sweet, funny, and small forever. I just love him to pieces.
He tells me I am his best friend.
I changed into my pajamas last night, and when I walked into the livingroom he said, "you look so pretty, Mommy."
He loves to play baseball, golf, cook with Mommy, skim the pool with Daddy, go fishing (caught his first fish on Easter!), and dance to pop music.
He recently started using the word "actually" all the time.
I know there are so many stages and ages to look forward to, but I just want to savor this age as much as I can. I am also anxious about how he will adjust to life with another child in the house...I take that back, I am more anxious about how I will adjust. How will I be able to give him as much love and attention as I want to, while trying to figure out how to take care of a newborn again? I know we will all adjust and figure things out eventually, but it seems pretty daunting right now. At least I am getting practice functioning without sleep in preparation for the next year of my life. :)
Since the last time I posted, we have had major success with Luke and potty training. The first weekend in April we decided to go cold turkey with the pull-ups and switch to undies, and we vowed to never look back. I bought tons of fun underwear, stickers, M&Ms ("lem lems") and we were ready to go. I was really nervous--more that I would not be able to stick to it, than I was for his committment--but we just jumped right in. I couldn't believe my eyes because after only 2 accidents that first morning, it was like something clicked, and he used the potty consistently after that! I think the "lem lems" were the miracle motivator. :) I have never been so proud! So we have been diaper-free for about a month, but we only have 6 more weeks until the diapers start all over again. Baby Julia will be making her debut on June 6th (if not before). I would be very happy if she decided to come a little earlier since Momma is really tired. And hot. And terrified that stretchmarks are in my future if this child continues to grow at this rate. I swear over the past 2 weeks I have doubled in size.
As I have been getting more and more anxious to have our new tiny addition arrive, I have also been getting a little sad that my precious Luke is growing up so fast. I cannot imagine it getting any better than this age. I want to keep him this sweet, funny, and small forever. I just love him to pieces.
He tells me I am his best friend.
I changed into my pajamas last night, and when I walked into the livingroom he said, "you look so pretty, Mommy."
He loves to play baseball, golf, cook with Mommy, skim the pool with Daddy, go fishing (caught his first fish on Easter!), and dance to pop music.
He recently started using the word "actually" all the time.
I know there are so many stages and ages to look forward to, but I just want to savor this age as much as I can. I am also anxious about how he will adjust to life with another child in the house...I take that back, I am more anxious about how I will adjust. How will I be able to give him as much love and attention as I want to, while trying to figure out how to take care of a newborn again? I know we will all adjust and figure things out eventually, but it seems pretty daunting right now. At least I am getting practice functioning without sleep in preparation for the next year of my life. :)


You are a wonderful mother and he, Julia and you will do just fine! I think we've both said, "this is the BEST age" about 100 times about little Luke...we'll still be saying it when he's 30! Ha!