Lukey is 3!
I really wish I had been better about documenting all of Luke's ages and stages, but I have tried to at least hit his yearly celebrations. :) I've been good about both my kids' baby books, so I'll try not to feel too guilty yet. My baby Lucas is turning three years old on September 12th! We are celebrating with a party at our house on the 10th, and I am not sure if he is more excited or if I am. He first told me he wanted a "Lightning McQueen" birthday, so I sent out a race car themed invitation, and when we went to pick out his cake, he threw me for a loop and said he wants a construction birthday party. So, we got the cake and I am taking that theme and running with it. I think this year will be the best birthday yet, since he is much more aware of what it all means, and how birthdays go down... fun, food, cake, candles, and presents!
Three years ago at this time I remember exactly how I was feeling...hot, tired, n
ervous, and ready to meet my sweet baby. My good friend Rachael is due on September 10th, and being induced on September 12th if baby doesn't come before then (exactly like I was!) so I am remembering feeling just like she is right about now. Well, I really can't put into words how much I love this boy. He is smart, ridiculously cute, the tenderest of hearts, funny, loving, sometimes ornery (that is for you, Whit), and just the most fun little boy I can imagine. He has just blown me away by what an amazing Big Brother he has become! When Julia started daycare at Luke's "school" this week, he told me he "will protect her and keep her safe." I know he will always feel that way about her, and that makes me so unbelievably proud and happy. I love seeing him grow up and mature, but he will always be my Baby Luke. So, Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet Lukey!
Three years ago at this time I remember exactly how I was feeling...hot, tired, n
ervous, and ready to meet my sweet baby. My good friend Rachael is due on September 10th, and being induced on September 12th if baby doesn't come before then (exactly like I was!) so I am remembering feeling just like she is right about now. Well, I really can't put into words how much I love this boy. He is smart, ridiculously cute, the tenderest of hearts, funny, loving, sometimes ornery (that is for you, Whit), and just the most fun little boy I can imagine. He has just blown me away by what an amazing Big Brother he has become! When Julia started daycare at Luke's "school" this week, he told me he "will protect her and keep her safe." I know he will always feel that way about her, and that makes me so unbelievably proud and happy. I love seeing him grow up and mature, but he will always be my Baby Luke. So, Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet Lukey!


Happy (almost) birthday, Luke! Can you believe our babies are getting so big?! Hope your party was a blast!