Shouldn't you be outside playing right now?
There is no reason to be stuck inside reading my blog at a time like this! Stop reading right now and go outside!! Well unless you are at work, in which case, you don't have the option to just "up and leave." But, why don't we have that freedom? It is a beautiful summer day--no matter where you are--and we are both inside staring at a computer screen at this very moment. That is so depressing to me. I am stuck here behind a desk at my boring job wondering how in the hell people do this for 40+ years. I just don't get it. I have been in the "real world" for less than 2 years and I'm about to have a mental breakdown, people! Why do we do this to ourselves? I have been thinking about the way we live here in America--we spend the majority of our waking hours at a job so that we can have money to eat, pay bills, and (if we're lucky) afford to take a small vacation during the few days we get off a year. We spend all of our time waiting for the weekends so we can cram as much fun and relaxation as possible into a Saturday, and then we spend our Sundays dreading the week ahead. Does it ever get any better? Yes, I understand that many jobs are fullfilling and contribute to our society. But, who says we have to slave away to the point of burn-out during our most vibrant and exciting years so that we can play when we're sixty-freaking-five? I will be happy if I can still "kick and stretch" when I'm that age!! I don't know, I am just rambling now. Can ya tell I'm ready for vacation?! Two weeks from today, I'll be on my way.Actually, "I'm already gone...."
In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina,
Can't you see the sunshine? Can't you just feel the moonshine?
I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind."


I know exactly how you feel. Yes, I'm already gone..."say nice things about me cuz I'm gone."